I’m writing this as I’m waiting for a delayed flight to New York at Gardemoen, Oslo. I’m on my way to New York to attend the INMA World Congress of News Media. The International News Media Association (INMA) is the world’s leading provider of global best practices for news media companies looking to grow revenue, audience, and brand amid profound market change. I’m also very excited to attend the INMA Global Media Awards dinner on Tuesday to represent the Creation Suite that is nominated for the award: “Best New Corporate Innovation Initiative”.
The nomination was composed by my managers and the whole team is of course standing behind the success, over 50 amazing colleagues in Oslo, Stockholm and Krakow working on the products Discover, Create, Engage, Relate, Curate, Stream, and of course the cross-functional roles.
Not only the Creation Suite is nominated from Schibsted! I’m proud to announce all our nominations for the INMA Global Media Awards:
The Creation Suite is nominated for Best New Corporate Innovation Initiative (Global/ National brands)
Aftenposten is nominated for Best Use of Data Analytics (Global/ National brands)
Schibsted is nominated for Best Idea to Encourage Print Readership or Engagement (Global/ National brands)
Aftenposten for Best Use of Social Media (Global/ National brands)
Bergens Tidene for Best Idea to Grow Digital Readership or Engagement (Regional/ Local brands)
Last year, 2016, Svenska Dagbladet won the top prize of the awards in London.
I’m so looking forward to the agenda at the congress! Look at this agenda:
- The Third Wave of Digital Disruption and a Recipe to Fight It
- Where the Signals Point News Media Next
- Facebook and the Fake News Phenomenon
- Optimising Digital Subscriptions For Your Audience and Ecosystem (with Siri Holstad Johannessen, Head of Sales and Marketing, Schibsted Norway)
- Big Data, AI, and the Strategic Priorities for Media
- Mobile and Social for News Brands: Today’s Priorities
- The Early Hope for Virtual Reality
- News Media Outlook: The Indispensability of News Brands
I’ll definitely report back with some thoughts after the congress!